Skip To Main Content

Early Childhood Special Education

The classification of developmental delay encourages a broad range of services to help students reach their potential. An evaluation is needed to determine if a child has a developmental delay. This will include standardized assessment tools, observation, parental input, and other measures.

As a parent you may find these resources to help you as you observe your child. 
MN Help Me Grow:
PBS Parents Child Development:

Rae Bayman 
218 237-6252
Email Me

Meet Rae Bayman:
My name is Rae Bayman and I have been a special education teacher since 1990. I started my career as a speech-language clinician and discovered a passion for teaching reading and math, so late into my career I switched paths and added an endorsement for specific learning disabilities to my license. I started teaching in Park Rapids at Century Elementary in the Fall of 2013. I work with kindergarten and first grade students on improving language, reading, writing, and math skills.

Ann Johnson
Email Me

Meet Mrs. Johnson:
I was born in Aberdeen, South Dakota and then proceeded to move to Japan.  My father was in the Air Force and we moved around the world for the first 12 years of my life.  We settled down in South Dakota on a small hobby farm.
I graduated from the College of St. Catherine (now St. Catherine University) in St. Paul, MN in 1983.  I worked in the rehab field until 1988 when I went to work for the Minneapolis Public School District.  My husband and I moved to the Longville area in 2005.  I have worked for the PAWN Special Ed. Coop since 2008.  I provide the registered occupational therapy services for students from birth-21 years of age.  I travel between the following districts: Walker/Hackensack/Akeley, Nevis and Park Rapids.